Saturday, October 01, 2005

A whole month has gone by

I haven't posted anything in a month. My daughter is great, she is 2 1/2 and I hope to GOD that it really doesn't get worse when she turns 3. She is a sweet, silly, dancing goofball, but man can she throw a fit, and everything else that she can get her hands on.

She knows the whole alphabet, and can mostly count to 20. She knows most parts of "You are my sunshine" - it is the only song she will let me sing. Anything else I try to sing, she says, loudly "No! Mommy - don't sing!"

She is getting the tough love treatment right now in the breaking of her pacifier use. She only uses it for naps and bedtime, but today I cut her off cold turkey! Naptime, was non existent. From 1:00PM to 6:00PM she alternated, between crying, talking to herself, and destroying her room. She never did get a nap. Tonight she cried out a whole lot more but still was aslwwp faster than she usually is, due to not having a nap today I am sure. Myself and/or Mr. H are off for the next 4 days, so I thought it was a good time as any to try and get her habit kicked before Grandma watches her Wednesday. Wish us luck. If I ever have another - I am going to try to not even use a stinkin pacifier! Dang hospital getting her all hooked on it at birth!

Stupid dance studio I called won't take her before she's 3 and didn't have any recommendations on who might.

This is what she will be for Halloween.......

3 comments:

MOVIEMAN said...

Hopefully 3 will be better than it is now. She's very cute no matter what.

LoveTheDivaPrincess said...

OMG she is so friggin cute! I cannot believe it she gets more beautiful all the time. I want a little girl to dress up!!! Well 3 is worse then 2 in my opinion but only for about 6 months or so then it gets better. Good luck with the pacifier, thank God neither of mine liked them I know how hard it can be to break them. Glad you are doing it now. I hate to see some 4 year old sucking on one. Anyways thanks for the new pic of the princess!!!

Dakini said...

cute as always!!!!!!!!!